Popular Posts

Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflection


 

 

Will the Real Lynn Allen Please Stand Up: Reflection of 2012

 

Greetings all, I hope that you all have had a wonderful holiday season with your family. Mine was as interesting as it usually is.  So, at this time of year I usually do the same thing every year. I like to reflect back on this past year before I go into the new one. I’m not going to make any resolutions that I know that I will break, instead I will reflect on this year and think of what I will do to be even better next year.  I say this because I don’t think that I had a bad year. I actually had quite the opposite.

I was on my face book page and I went through and it gave me the option to see my top 20 moments of this year.  Funny thing is I feel like a lot of great things happened this year. I got engaged to the most wonderful guy. I met a lot of cool new people. I got to actually get to know my nephews a little better this year and spend more time with my sister.  Furthermore, I also got to spend time with my father, which I did not think that was going to happen.

I also did experience some rough situations. I said good bye to my great aunt, Julia; and to L’s grandfather.  I also witnessed the emotional meltdown of soon to be ex-step mother. Not to mention, I also cut off a few unhealthy friendships with people that I felt had already fulfilled their purpose in my life.  I also saw a lot of pain capture America as some nut job shot up a movie theater full of people.  The one horrible thing that I will never forget about this year would be the massacre of children at the Sandy Hope Elementary School.  The fact that 20 innocent, beautiful children lost their lives because someone else did not value their own life still haunts my dreams. My thoughts and prayers are still with those families.

The one thing that I hope to take from this year is to be more aware of my surroundings. In this day in age, people are getting craftier when it comes to trying to screw you over.  People are not afraid to throw their lives away or yours for that matter. In addition people are even quicker to smile in your face, and then in the blink of an eye throw you under the bus.

If I could wish for anything in the coming year, it would be more patience. Patience will carry me far if I can just learn to shake off anyone that tries to attack me. Truth be told I’ve softened over the years.  There was once a time that I just didn’t care. I would say what I had to say and I didn’t care if it hurt. My mouth is my biggest flaw, and I know that.  However, it is something that I am working on.  Also in previous years I would also hold a grudge. I had a hard time forgiving people for their follies and vices towards me. Now I’ve learned to shake it off.  No, the relationship will not be the same.  I’ll be forgiving and not bring up the past, but I will also watch closely to make sure that I don’t walk into another situation from the past.  What’s that old saying?

“Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice shame on me.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment