Popular Posts

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Wedding Diaries: Getting It Together


 

 

The Wedding Diaries: Getting it Together

Hello all my lovely readers. I hope you are having a wonderful day.  Me, I am actually still in my PJ’s, debating on if I should go into the kitchen and make some coffee.  So, I’m looking at the calendar and I’m realizing that it’s almost one year until my wedding day.  So naturally it’s time to get started on planning the most important day of my life.  A lot of people have asked why I don’t have a wedding planner. I’ve decided that my sister, Makiba, my best friend, Corinna, and I will be my wedding planners.  A lot of people are telling me that this process is going to stress me out, but they have not seen me work magic in a crisis.

We are already narrowing down our choices for venues.  I just have to work on the guest list. I would like to put a disclaimer out and say that L and I come from pretty big families and that if I don’t send you an invite, please don’t be mad, we are working on a budget and I don’t purposely want to leave anyone out, but money really is an object here.

On the note of who will be in my bridal party I’ve only decided on Makiba and Corinna. I’m still working on the rest, because frankly some of my friends make me really nervous.  When I say nervous I mean I watch them going through life and all the curves that it throws; and I wonder if they will be able to juggle that and be able to live up to my expectations. Let’s be honest, being a bride’s maid is more than just standing up there with the bride and looking pretty; there is a lot of work that goes into it. I need to see how I’m going to narrow this down.  I think that I have a plan on how I can do that, more on that in a later edition of my blog.

Another thing to work on is L and I. Why do we need to work on us, because no relationship is perfect. In a previous blog I wrote that L and I needed to work on our spiritual relationship with God.  The steps that we are taking to do that are to actively find a church that we can become members of together. Not to mention most church members also take a class before they get married and that is what we are trying to do now.  We have a church in mind, which is good.

Sorry this one was so short.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment